At the beginning of this week, Vladimir Putin sat down at a piano in China and played a couple of songs from his childhood. Of course there were reporters there to document the occurrence. One of them asked what song Putin would play for Donald Trump if they ever had a chance to meet.
“I don’t know, I think we’d need to meet him, have a discussion, and depending on the result choose a melody,” Putin replied.
After reading the story, I started wondering “What songs would Vladimir Putin play for Donald Trump?” myself. That inspired me to create “From Russia, with Love” – a mix of songs that Putin would play for or dedicate to Trump.
It’s far from my best mixtape, but it’s still pretty fun. You can check it out HERE!
- Romeo and Juliet, Fantasy Overture – TH.42: Love Theme – Tchaikovsky
- From Russia, with Love – Matt Monro
- World Leader Pretend – R.E.M.
- Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money) – Pet Shop Boys
- I Give You Power – Arcade Fire & Mavis Staples
- The World Is Not Enough – Garbage
- POWER – Kanye West
- Feel Good Inc. – Gorillaz
- Marionette – Mott the Hoople
- I’m the Greatest – Ringo Starr
- Everything Is Shit Except My Friendship with You – Ball Park Music
- Bros – Wolf Alice
- My Lovely Horse – Wondermare
- I Believe In You – Neil Young
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Willie Nelson
- I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire – The Ink Spots
- You’ve Got a Friend In Me – Randy Newman
Andrew is a husband, father, dog lover, craft beverage enthusiast, content creator, and niche market Internet celebrity. Formerly of A Table in the Corner of the Cafe and The Pulitzer Project and contributor to Barista Magazine and Mental Floss, he’s been writing on the Internet for years.